Role and Responsibilities
The Housekeeping Assistant is expected to support the Head Housekeeper with a wide range of operationally essential tasks. The Housekeeping Assistant is expected to work with the other members of estate team to deliver the highest level of service to the principals. You will be working in a busy estate where the ability to think on your feet is expected. You will be expected to have extensive experience in the following areas:
- Cleaning, maintaining and presenting all rooms to the highest standard.
- Good understanding of working within a high end finish environment.
- Hygiene standards that are exceptional.
- Care and conservation awareness.
- Ability to operate the latest house systems.
- To be flexible with working hours and adaptable to change. Must be flexible to work weekends and Bank Holidays, sometimes at short notice. Time will be given in lieu when overtime is worked.
- Care of bedroom suites, changing beds and replenishing linen.
- Must be able to work in all areas of the laundry including washing, sorting, pressing, spot cleaning, and dry cleaning awareness.
- Undertake personal maiding duties for guests; to include caring for clothes, running baths, dressing and calling trays etc.
- Front of house duties; to include cloakrooms, meeting, greeting and guiding guests at functions.
- To be flexible to assist with servicing external guest areas.
- Packing and unpacking luggage.
- Assistance with stock checking and stock rotation.
- Acceptance and movement of goods deliveries.
- Be physically fit and be able to carry items as required.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent timekeeping.
- Honesty and integrity with an exemplary level of discretion.
- Be interested in their own personal and professional development.
- Positive can-do attitude to tasks.
- Any other tasks that support the estate.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
The Housekeeping Assistant is expected to have worked at the highest level of service either within industry or have experience of working within a private house for UHNWI. The Housekeeping Assistant is expected to work in partnership with the other members of the estate team, to deliver the highest level of operational performance. You should be educated to an acceptable level and be able to demonstrate a wide range of skills and knowledge within your respective discipline. It is expected that you will have at least five years’ experience, be adaptable to change and embrace new challenges.
- Attention to detail.
- Flexibility and adaptability to juggle a range of different tasks and to work extra hours to meet deadlines
- Discretion and an understanding of confidentiality issues.
50 hours per week (with flexibility depending on household demands)
£22,000 – 25,000 depending on experience