Head Housekeeper, North London
Role and Responsibilities
The Head Housekeeper is expected to report directly to the Deputy House Manager/House Manager, and manage a small team of staff to ensure the day to day running of a the Annex house on a premier private estate. The Head Housekeeper is expected to work with the other members of the management team to deliver the highest level of service to the Principals. You will be expected to be hands on and lead by example if appropriate to the situation. You will be expected to have extensive experience in the following areas:
- Management of a full annex house team to the highest level of personal service to the Principals.
- Support budget and resource management plans to include events and private functions.
- Circulate throughout all service areas, bars, spa and rooms to ensure all service standards and operational flows are well maintained but never intrude the privacy of the Principals, their Family and Guests.
- Liaison with Facilities Management to ensure house performance is flawless.
- Support consumables requests with other departments and agree delivery times and liaise with security on delivery access.
- Constantly review housekeeping standards and future materials that may be used in conjunction with environmental concerns.
- Continuous update of standards and cleaning regime manual for staff to follow detailing products used on different finishes as well as risk assessments.
- Ensure that all staff are performance managed and regular reviews identify areas such as personal and professional development and continuation training.
- Assist in managing and controling staff rosters and time management and recruitment.
- Good understanding of working with state of the art systems.
- Wardrobe management for Principals to ensure all choices and seasonal requirements are met.
- Laundry management and linen inventory
- Care and maintenance of high end items such as clothes and jewellery.
- Stock control & financial management.
- Event management experience.
- Excellent team building skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- To be flexible with working hours and adaptable to change. Must be flexible to work weekends and Bank Holidays. Time will be given in lieu when overtime is worked..
- Ensure Health and Safety guidelines are followed and staff are trained and aware of their responsibilities
Qualifications and Education Requirements
The Head Housekeeper is expected to have worked at the highest level of service either within the hotel industry or private house for UHNWI. The Head Housekeeper is expected to work in partnership with the other members of the management team to deliver the highest level of service, cleanliness and house performance. It is expected that the Head Housekeeper will train, support and enhance the knowledge and skills of their team, to help develop the staff and encourage them to deliver even higher standards. Qualifications such as diplomas, NVQ’s , SVQ’s or hospitality management qualifications are preferable. There are no language requirements for this role apart from English.
- IT literate to include Excel
- Performance Management and Training experience
- Housekeeping qualifications
- Health & Safety qualifications, NEBOSH, IOSH or equivalent.
- Risk Assessments and method statements
- Childcare experience would be a bonus
45 – 50 hours per week (rota basis)
Immediate (will wait for the right candidate)
Negotiable (Depending on experience)